Friday, August 30, 2013

The Pink Scarf Project -(late summer edition)

If you have ever been to the Blue Ridge Mountains --
                            then you know why they call them blue~



My friend Marsha and I took off on a "girl trip" to these mountains -- a trip that for us had many missions. You can read about our special reason for choosing these mountains here.   
~~~
While we were in the mountains,
we took photos of your beautiful
donations to the
Set against the backdrops of the Blue Ridge Mountains
and the beautiful Biltmore Estate~
here is the next edition of your generous gifts from
"heart and hands"

 donated by Paulette Racanelle
(photo taken at the Mt. Mitchell State Park 
"Hewat" Overlook)

donated by Chris Berry
(photo taken at an abandoned stone house,
 close to the entrance of the Mt. Mitchell State Park)
~
we walked though TALL weeds to get to this beautiful stone window!


donated by Jim, Ron, and Sophie
(photo taken on the observation porch
at the Mt. Mitchell restaurant)

donated by Sherry Ellison and her friend Bev
(photo taken along the wooden split rail fences at the Ranger station 
in Mt. Mitchell State Park)



donated by Valery Powery
"Yarni Gras"
(photo taken at abandoned house just outside
Mt. Mitchell State Park)
~
we fell in love with the mossy steps and rusty door!


donated by Cory Dogwood Moore
"Pink Dogwood Blossom"
(photo taken near the Bass Pond
on the Biltmore Estate)


donated by Suzi Harbison
"From City Streets to Country Roads"
(photo taken near the Bass Pond
on the Biltmore Estate)
~
(the bridge in the background is original to the Estate
and is one of my favorite viewpoints
 near the pond.)


donated by Paulette Racanelle
"Beedeebabe"
(photo taken near the Bass Pond
on the Biltmore Estate)



 donated by Debbie Burke
(photo taken near the Bass Pond
on the Biltmore Estate)


donated by Debbie Keyes
(photo taken near the Reflecting Pond
on the Biltmore Estate)
~
my MOST favorite place on
the estate.


donated by Marrianna Daugherty
"Red Dancer Studio"
(photo taken near the Reflecting Pond on the Biltmore Estate)


donated by Susanne Leach
(photo taken near the Reflecting Pond on the Biltmore Estate)


donated by Gale Vanderella 
(photo taken at the Reflecting Pond
on the Biltmore Estate)
~
wonder how we got those geese positioned so perfectly in these photos?
POPCORN!!


donated by Cory Dogwood Moore
"Pink Dogwood Blossom"
(photo taken at the Reflecting Pond on the Biltmore Estate)

~~~

just keepin' it real~

(in the middle of nowhere -- on the road to Mt. Mitchell)


(Biltmore Estate - Bass Pond)



(Mt. Mitchell observation lounge)


(Biltmore Estate - Reflecting Pond)
(the geese are heading towards Marsha - she has the popcorn!)




We have reached an astonishing 300 scarf donations. (gasp!!)  My heart beats faster every time I think of this amazing display of generosity.  When this little project first began -- I was crossing my fingers and holding my breath that we "might" get 50 donations. YOU are the most giving and generous souls --- thank you from the bottom of my heart. Your gifts will touch lives, bring smiles,  give hope~~

My home is FULL of Pink Scarf donations -- they are everywhere!! In just a few days, I will be traveling with them again-- this time to take photos in an autumn setting.  And then in October -- they will go with me to another beautiful location where I will photograph the last of your donations.  If you wish to read the latest updates about the project -- you do still have time to participate by sending in a handmade or purchased scarf~~  all the latest info is here.    
~~
How can I ever begin to thank you for all the support you have given to this project? What in the world can we all do that could possibly ever top this amazing project?  What will I do with all my extra time when this project is completed??  
What extra time??? 

~~
Up next --
a little bit of my "real" life -- our babes, things I love, a little mix of this and that.  A little blog segment that I hope to do from time to time --"just keepin' it real"

xoxo,
Vicki  

ps - I will be adding these scarf photos to the "Pink Scarf Project" Pinterest board soon~ xo  

40 comments:

Tanna said...

So many, many beautiful labors of love!! And, your photos are wonderful, Vicki! Kudos to all! blessings ~ tanna

Julie Marie said...

Oh Vicki, the scarves and your photos are just exquisite!... you have devoted so much time and love into this wonderful project of yours... and I want to say thank you so much for sharing it all with us... the scarves are beyond beautiful and I can sense how full of love each and every one is... the Canada Geese are so graceful and I just love them too... you are truly an amazing lady, always doing something for others... and I am so happy we are friends... also, thank you again for creating my gorgeous wrap for me... I am anxiously awaiting cooler weather so I can wear it... xoxo Julie Marie

Beedeebabee said...

My gosh Vicki, such beautiful pictures of all those lovely scarves! I can't believe the time and care you and Marsha took to stage such pretty shots. 300 Scarves!...You my sweet friend, are truly one of the most giving people I know, and it's that giving nature of yours that's so contagious!!! Love and big hugs to you for everything you've done and for being such a special friend to those who know you and to those who don't. xoxoxo

Mosaic Magpie said...

So many beautiful scarves! Stitched with love and prayers. Blessings on those that have contributed to such a worthwhile project.
xo,
Deb

Unknown said...

this project has been amazing because YOU are amazing! your big "pink" heart and all the love you have in it is contagious! keep doing what you do.....the world is better (and pinker) because of it! ;);)

PS have you done what we discussed???

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Vicki, Such a wonderful collection of truly beautiful Pink Scrafs. Everyone so unique and made with love..I really enjoyed visiting everyone site that made these lovely scarfs and the setting you put them in was stunning. Hugs Judy

maggiegracecreates said...

OOOOh - those are beautiful. And the time you have taken to photograph them so beautifully is wonderful too.

Have a great Labor Day Weekend.

SuZeQ said...

YOU are a saint, my friend. You truly are - I am convinced.

Yes, those Canadian geese are graceful, but they can be sooooooo mean. I'll never forget when The Runner and I were attacked. One of them actually got up on both of our backs and made lots of noise. A fun story but not fun at the time.

kosec@sbcglobal.net

Di@Cottage-Wishes said...

Just wonderful, I am glad you took in the beauty of my home town, Asheville and surrounding area! We love it here. Those scarfes are beauiful. One of my good friends is battling thru Chemo, Radiation and Surgery. Thank you for your good works, Di@Cottage-Wishes

Shirley said...

Oh Vicki, The scenery and scarves are just beautiful. When you do a project, it is awesome and we get a wonderful journey in the process. The beautiful pictures of places that we dream about and know that is all it will be. Thank you for such a awesome job and for being my special friend. Have a beautiful day. Hugs and Prayers from your Missouri Friend.

Unknown said...

These are so beautiful. I am so proud to be part of this wonderful project and will get mine in the mail soon. I love Biltmore estate and what a wonderful stage for these scarves of love. Thanks again.
Peggy

Jocelyn said...

Vicki, the scarves are so beautiful. They will certainly be a blessing to so many. Thank you for your time and devotion to this project. Mine is close to being finished and in the mail :-)

Jim said...

Totally amazing, Vicki! It was our pleasure and privilege to be a tiny part of this magnificent project.

fromsophiesview said...

I find it so interesting to see the variations on a theme and then ~~ your display of them ~~ so magical. What fun, 'blood, sweat and tears' you and your friends have gone through with this project.

HIGH 5 from myself and LICKS from Sophie. She would love to do that for real, she told me!

Ron

kareninkenai said...

The additional scarves are absolutely gorgeous and you had such fun photographing them; I can tell. Especially love the geese photo - how I feel with our trumpeter swans. Congrats on 300+ - what a wonderful world we live in! Blessings and hugs always. You are a treasure. Karen

NanaDiana said...

Gorgeous, Vicki, and a reminder to get my donation in the mail. After the kids leave it will be in the mail.

What a lovely testimony to the "sisters" that inhabit Blog World! xo Diana

Terry said...

So beautiful! The scarves are gorgeous! Your photos are amazing! Everything is absolutely beautiful!

I always love seeing your post in my in-box.

Terry

Bernadett said...

Dear Vicki,

Wonderful scarves...wonderful project...wonderful place...Thank you for organizing it...
I am really happy that I found your blog and your generous heart!

Hugs.:)

kathyinozarks said...

the scarves and your photography: just gorgeous Vicki Such a worthwhile project-thank you-Kathy

kathyinozarks said...

the scarves and your photography: just gorgeous Vicki Such a worthwhile project-thank you-Kathy

Julia said...

What a beautiful job you made of photographing all those gorgeous scarves in perfect settings... It's easy to see that you have put your heart and soul in this project.

Thank you so much for all you do for the cause. I'm a breast cancer survivor too and I really do appreciate your efforts and all the donors.
Hugs,

JB

marda said...

Your pictures are again truly amazing, showing all the beautiful creations in such perfect surroundings. I think the success of this project is because we all admire you so much and your continued efforts with your lovely nests. Congratulations to you for all your efforts in making this project more successful than you had ever dreamed possible.
p.s. Those geese knew what was good for them! Perfect backdrop.

Marlynne said...

Beautiful Beautiful Scarves! And as always your photography is fabulous!

Hindustanka said...

You are doing such a nice project, Vicki!Yes, it is so great that many people participated, donated and then these scarves would help those with cancer to lift up their hopes and their mood!
All the scarves are astonishing, made with love!

Fundy Blue said...

Vicki, I am in awe of all that you have done for this project! Wow! And how fun it was to spot Ron's/Jim's/Sophie's scarf. Your photos and settings are lovely. My scarf is rather plain, but it's filled with love and hope. I hope to have it off my needles and in the mail within the next week. I'm hoping attempt #3 will be much better than attempt # 1. Take care! And thank you for undertaking this huge project!

Dorthe said...

Dearest Vicki,
All of this ,because of one single woman,:YOU!! You made it happen,-
your beautiful heart, and your loving soul, and a whole lot of plain fantastic work, -here on your blog, and later with taking photoes and showing them.....'
Amazing you, my dearest lovely Vicki.
Love and hugs, Dorthe

Createology said...

Vicki Dear how beautiful you have shown each of these pink scarves. I am blessed to be able to donate and feel excited that my scarves have gotten to visit such amazing iconic places in this country. Thank you so very much for this opportunity to think of others and be part of your generous giving. Bless you dear...

Jennifer Shelby said...

So many pretty scarfs! I just discovered the pinterest board from the above link, and I spent way too much time admiring them all! You truly have a gift for photography, Vicki, among so many other gifts as well - thank you for sharing your blessings with us so willingly!

Dortesjs said...

aww great labors of love love all those scarves and this nature is amazing

Anonymous said...

The scarves and those backdrops! those scarves are going to be imbued with so much love and beauty from all the lovely ladies making them as well as all the gorgeous nature...!
Hugs,
Beth P

yaya said...

Your pics are so beautiful..and they are inspiring me to get my collection of scarves into a photo shoot..I'm going to head up into our woods on Tues..it's suppose to be cool..and see how mine turn out. I'll get the count of how many scarves I have out at that time..Thanks for all you do! What a great project! I can't wait to give them away!

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Vicki, you've done an amazing job of pulling your project together and of taking beautiful photographs. I'm pretty sure there are a LOT of people who have been blessed in participating and the folks who will receive the work of hands and hearts are most assuredly blessed.

Carole said...

I love the variety of scarves Vicki, beautiful selection and beautiful donators.

Eugenia Maru http://lulurulitos.blogspot.com said...

Lindas todas Vicki, gran iniciativa.
Un beso
Maru

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Wow! All the scarves are so gorgeous and lovely. Your photos and the time and energy you take to photograph them all so beautifully is just absolutely amazing! Blessings to all, Tammy

Fat Dormouse said...

As usual I am very late with my effort!! I hope that it will keep somebody warm and snuggly through the winter. I'm posting it tomorrow & it will make its way over the Pond from France. God bless you for all the wonderful things you do.

dormouse.wibsite.com

Pearl said...

I absolutely loved this. Compassion and art mix beautifully.

Pearl

Little Penpen said...

I have looked at this post several times. The scarves are amazing and so are the photo's. What an incredible job you are doing with this project!

A Magical Whimsy said...

Dear, sweet,Vicki,and Marsha too!
This is just amazing about the pink scarf project. And the lovely outdoor areas where you took photos of the beautiful assortment and designs of the scarves is a love in itself from your own hands. And knowing there are different sizes of women, I am sure the scarves will find the perfect match for those who receive them. Wow...300 scarves is incredible!
May you have a very blessed time distributing the scarves.
XO
Teresa in California

Gone Country said...

Beautiful photos of beautiful scarves! It just so happens that I LOVE The Biltmore and am so pleased that my scarves were photographed at the lovely estate! Thank you, again, for the opportunity to participate in such an honorable cause. Suzi H.