Monday, August 12, 2013

Pink Scarf Project Updates - (new information-- and a surprise NEST photo for you!)

This was never really my project. 
I only thought it was~
and then it took off like a wildfire being fed by a lofty 
summer wind~~ 

 
Only God
 could touch so many hearts
and bring you to give so generously.
~~
In my heart of hearts, 
I had hoped that we might collect
50 scarves.
(fingers crossed, I held my breath~) 
~
To date 
there have been
276 scarves collected for
this amazing project. 
~
Based on emails from those of you who say
that you want to send, plan to send, are sending now,
your scarves---
we will exceed well over 300 
gifts of love from your 
hearts and hands. 
~
Only God 
could do
 this.



This project 
has crossed continents and oceans.
It has circled the world and come back around
again.
~~
Your contributions have come from
all across the United States, Canada, and Europe.  
They have come from Australia, South America, and Africa.
~
Sweet Bernadette
 has written 
that she is sending a scarf all the way
from Serbia.


   
Some statistics for you relating to this project~
~~
276 scarves collected from all over the world.
(68 of those scarves have been donated by
anonymous donors who have requested to remain private but wish to give all the same.)
(per their request, those scarves have not been photographed- but will be included in the donations to the Breast Cancer Centers).
~~
I have received over 400 hundred emails
 in 5 different languages
relating to this project.  
(and I treasure every one)
xoxo
~~
Over 1200 photographs to date~
For every photo collage
of each scarf that is pictured on my blog postings,
at least 5 or 6 pictures are taken of each donor contribution.
From those photos, they are each edited and a collage is made
to showcase each person's gifts. 
~~
5000 miles
These scarves have traveled with me to Florida, 
the Blue Ridge Mountains,
and are soon headed to 2 other amazing locations.
All totaled, I will have traveled over 5000 miles
to photograph your scarves against 
beautiful natural backdrops.
~~ 

114 thank you notes
Those of you who have blogs or email addresses 
were contacted by me when your donations arrived.
Those of you who did not include a blog address or email
recieved a handwritten thank you note 
for your contribution.
Over 50 thank you notes
were simply sent to
"Occupant"
as those persons
did not include their name 
along with their generous donation. 


Many of you have written to me in these last few days
to say that the summer is passing way too quickly!
(YES it is!!)

Your requests to extend the deadline
 for this project
have been heard!
~
So -- please note
that the deadline to send your scarf donations
has been extended to October 5.
~
If you wish for me to photograph your scarf-- 
it must be to me no later than October 5.  
~In actuality, I can accept
donations until the end of October.
But if you want your gift to be photographed
it needs to be here by the 5th,
please.




Regarding the contests~
everyone who contributes a 
scarf donation,
either handmade or purchased
will be entered to win
this Breast Cancer Awareness wrap
that I knitted
(and embellished with beads)



~my way of thanking you
 for your generous and heartfelt donations~
xoxo


I've followed the path of this Pink Scarf Project badge all over blogland!  What an amazing journey this little badge has had! From one blog to another-to another-to another,...  

So many of you have graciously helped to spread the word about this little project ~ gathering support amongst your blog friends. There is NO way this project would have grown as it has if not for your support. There is only one human reason why this has been so very successful -- YOU!  


To thank you for sharing this project
and helping to encourage such amazing
support--
This OOAK inspirational mini-album
will be given away to one of you
who shared this Project badge on your personal blog.


Everyone who shared the badge and left me a comment
HERE telling me that you have done so--
will be entered to win this beautiful
mini album created by my (super talented!!)friend
Sue Kosec
(kosec@sbcglobal.net)


Sue created this gorgeous inspirational album
especially for this giveaway
~.
I am so very excited to be able
to share her beautiful creation 
with all of you.


The winners of both 
the mini album and my knitted wrap
will be announced on my posting
on October 12.


To summarize the new information~
1. scarf donations need to be to my by October 5 if you wish to have me photograph them.
2. I will be collecting scarf donations throughout the month of October -- last date will be October 31.
3. The Breast Cancer Awareness nests will make their debut on October 12.
4. Those of you who are on the waiting list for the nests
will find them RESERVED for you in my ETSY shop
on that date.


This has been an amazing year.  
As this project draws ever closer to it's completion,
I want you all to know that your spirit of giving 
will continue on~


Your scarves will find new homes 
where they will be loved and treasured.  
The concern and prayers that you sent
along with your donations 
will surround those who need it most.  
They will feel your
 love.

~~~~~
For those of you patiently waiting for your very first
little peek at the new
Breast Cancer Awareness
 nests~


your first look at this gorgeous nest!
(I can hardly wait to debut this amazing creation to you all!)
~
(I'm busy with the last of the details on the nests.  
I think I have finally seen the last of my 2am bedtimes!!)
~~~

Coming up next~




My friend Marsha and I traveled to the Blue Ridge mountains on a sentimental journey~ retracing footsteps that were taken there over 60 years ago.  Following the path of memories past~~
xoxo,
Vicki 

40 comments:

Julie Marie said...

Oooh Vicki... what a touching post... I am so happy to hear that so many beautiful scarves have been received and will go to beautiful ladies to wear... I am also so happy that I was able to participate in your project... I had your badge for this on my blog for quite a while, but my emotions were too strong... after losing my sister, and I removed it... but that does not mean I forgot about it... just have to follow my heart (which still aches for her)... I love the gorgeous nests... and I know along with the beautiful yarn and beads and embellishments how many prayers fill them as well... you are such an amazing lady and I adore you... that last photo is so serene and calming... I want to think my sister is there looking out over all of the beauty... and sending you angel kisses and thank~you's for your amazing generosity and love... I love you, xoxo Julie Marie

LesleyAnn said...

This post is beautiful. It actually puts a lump in my throat. I would cry if I'd let myself. I love that so many people care; are so kind; so giving; so selfless. God's love is vivid and it shines through you and this beautiful project.

Tanna said...

Amazing, Vicki. Just amazing!! I need to get busy myself. LOVE all the quotes you included. Perfect each and every one. AND, I'm happy that you and your friend enjoyed a journey down memory lane/blue ridge parkway. blessings and hugs ~ tanna

Carol said...

Such a warm and heartfelt posting ♥ I've told myself over and over that I really don't have the time for this and have felt guilty every time. Since you have been so generous to change the due date I can't say no this time. Will be starting on my scarf today and the hats will have to wait :)

Dogwood said...

You are such an amazing lady. Your lovely words in this post are so heartfelt. I am so proud to be a part of this project.
I have your badge for this project proudly posted on my blog and always put your current blog on my facebook.
Hugs and more hugs...Cory/Dogwood

Mosaic Magpie said...

Isn't it amazing what hearts can do when united for a special purpose. All those lovely scarves stitched by loving hands, being sent on to a woman that is in need of a loving touch. Stitched with stitches full of prayer and hope. What a wonderful thing.
xo,
Deb

kathyinozarks said...

Beautiful post Vicki, thank you so much for extending the deadline-I so much want to make a scarf-hoping things settle down here soon so I can weave off my other scarf that I have on the loom now-
I did add your pink scarf button to my blog-thank you for the code for that-hugs from the ozarks Kathy

SuZeQ said...

Wow - nothing left to say except "I love you!!!!! It just amazes me how many other people feel the same way - and the scarves are proof. Thank you, Vicki!
kosec@sbcglobal.net

Jim said...

Thanks for the statistics on the wonderful project, Vicki. I am so proud to be a very small part of it.
Looking forward to your memory post coming up!!

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful post. I had the wrong date in mind for the completion of my scarf. I will get it finished soon. I have your button on my sidebar. Thanks for all your work.

Createology said...

Vicki Dear without you and your generous giving spirit we would never have come together to create and donate such beautiful heartfelt scarves. How very sweet of Sue to make this inspirational album and share it with someone. I have proudly displayed your badge on my blog and shared this project with my friends who also participated in giving scarves. Bless you and each person involved. Thank you dear...

Karen B. said...

Sweet, sweet Vicki,
firstly I would like to say that looking at the sneak peek of your newest nest ... it is stunning!!
Secondly it has been a year almost already??... Wow! I am hoping to get another scarf done this summer for the good cause! You are amazing!! I have had your badge on my blog as soon as I saw it and I hope it helped a little to make more wonderful people out there take part in this project!
Many hugs to you my dear friend,
Karen B. ~ Todolwen

Eugenia Maru http://lulurulitos.blogspot.com said...

Qué hermosuras. Ya ves la solidaridad de las personas, esto da esperanza de que no estamos tan mal.
Yo también tengo mi bufanda lista para mandártela. Pero no tejo, así que no está hecha por mí, pero no creo que importe mucho.
Un beso Vicki y Dios te bendiga.
Maru
Chile

Julia said...

Dear Vicki, you are a very generous person to dedicate so much of your time and talents to this cause. may you be blessed beyond measure for all you do.
Hugs,
JB

Marlynne said...

Oh My your posts are just "Works Of Art"! I hope my name is in the drawing from the scarf I donated some time back. Marlynne

marda said...

A beautiful post Vicki. How wonderful that so many people responded around the world, it must make your heart swell for all that you put into motion. The pictures have been breathtaking, and as others have said, you are truly an amazing person.

DeeDee said...

I am so glad I got to participate in such a wonderful event... beautiful post. So many wonderful people you have gathered.. wish we could all be in one room for one day...

Wilma said...

What a wonderful post, Vicky!
This is all so impressive!!

Blessings,
Wilma, Shabby Royale.

Cathy McC. said...

This is a day I really needed a lift. Your words, photos, and the verses in the mini-album gave me what I needed to move forward. Many Thanks!

Bernadett said...

Dear Vicki,

Thank you for mentioning my name...
I will surely make the scarf and send it...
I will let you know...

Hugs.:)
Bernadett

gigi knits said...

Your post is touching could cry if I let myself. I think Breast Cancer is a very personal story to women as it has touched so any of our lives in so many ways..some have had happy ending while other very sad ending. I feel at peace when knitting a scarf for this very special lady that will someday be wearing it. They need to know all our love and prays are with them.. So again thank you for doing pink scarf project.
XOXO to you Vicki.

val said...

Vicki, what a terrific post! I am so happy to have participated in this event. I cannot wait to see your final photos. Take care and thank you for hosting!

Low Tide High Style said...

People are amazing, and you continue to amaze me with your kindness, generosity, and beautiful creations! You have been the touchstone that brought all of these wonderful donations together...keep up the good work!

xo Kat

Unknown said...

Wow! You are an amazing woman Miz Vicki! I just just looking at scarves the other day thinking I needed to send a few more. Glad you posted the end date - I couldn't remember when it was. Going to go shopping this weekend. Hugs!

Terry said...

Vickie,

You are an inspiration to us all. Thank you for initiating this project and taking on all the work involved.

God bless you.

Terry

Vivian Helena said...

Beautifully written, beautifully photographed.
I think so many of your photographs, these and at the beach could be put in a card series and could raise monies for your project.

We are all so touched by the love and tender feelings.. hugs, vivian

yaya said...

Your post and photos are so beautiful. I have scarves here and I don't think I can take pics as lovely as yours, but I will give it a shot! I'm looking forward to giving them away, but sad so many are fighting this disease. Thanks for inspiring so many generous people to donate.

Wendy D. said...

Vicki, I'm savoring your most beautiful blog post ever -- there's so much hope, love, and joy reflected in your heartfelt words and beautiful photography! Your Breast Cancer Awareness wrap and Sue's mini-album are beautiful works of art that will be treasured -- as the scarves and nests weave their own brand of magic in the world. Love,
Wendy

Jenny said...

Good golly, Miss Molly! Now that I'm back in the land of knitting I will certainly get to work on the scarf I promised you, too. xo Jenny

Maggie said...

A friend, the wife of Roger's business partner has recently undergone surgery to remove pre cancerous cells. This is not the end of this dear girl's treatment I fear, just the beginning. When I asked to go on the Pink Nest list last year we had no clue that this was in her future.
Her name is Jan and the nest will be my gift to her. I know that she will treasure it as I treasure both of mine.
Thank you dear Vicki for all that you do, love you.

Dorthe said...

Dearest Vicki, you truly are an amazing and beautiful person,- inside and out... you have used so much time making your project be real, and become such a special thing for many,many wemen.Your heart is warm and big, and I admire you so much for what you have started ,and been going on with ,to give a little love to wemen in pain,filled with sadness, and maybe very depressed!!
Reading your post all can see your heartwarm and touching words, and thoughts - and I for one know what a special person you are .
The new nest looks so beautiful and lovely- I will look forward seing more photoes of it, sweetest friend.
Hugs and love, Dorthe

Unknown said...

The nest is simply stunning!
God bless you and all you do.
Hugs
Michele

Sherri said...

Vicki-what a wonderful post!! I am knitting the scarf and hope to have it done in the next week or so. I love that so many people have participated in this project!! Way to go!!!

nancarts said...

Hello Vicki..I just found your blog post about the pink scarves, and I would love to knit and send you one. I hope that is still possible! It is such a beautiful effort and many people will be affected by the generosity of others.

Peace and Blessings,
Nancy

Anonymous said...

Dearest Vicki, what a beautiful post! You indeed have had a very fulfilling year... :D It couldn't have happened to a kinder, sweeter person!
I have been slothful and am just now committing to making a scarf for this ever so important project and will be sending it along as soon as possible.
Hugs for now,
Beth P

Tanya said...

SO much beauty packed into this one post - what a wonderful way to end my day. Happy Monday, Vicki - you make my heart smile! XOXO

Esme said...

Vicki, I am so proud to have you as one of my friends. You have truly thought of an amazing project. I love that little nest all in pink-okay I like everything pink as I am typing on my pink kepyboard wearing my pink pjs.

kareninkenai said...

Love and hugs, Vicki. What a beautiful post... remember the latest I am knitting on? I will now be sending it to you also (lol - with the extension). YEAH. And, how very very special for you and Marsha to visit the past. My prayers and love are with you and all who participate and receive such amazing love from God through this project.

Jocelyn said...

Hi Vicki, I am so touched by this post. I am a very new knitter, but wanted to participate. I posted about your project with my in the works scarf on my blog today. Thank you for doing this amazing project.

Chris said...

Thank you so much for extending your deadline!! I discovered the Pink Scarf Project just a few short weeks ago and was struggling to make a scarf for you in time. My mother taught me the basics of knitting 50 years ago, but I couldn't even remember how to cast on. I was so inspired by your blog, that I went out and found a lovely shop, Cottage Yarn in Mint Hill NC, where the owner was kind enough to help me pick out a special yarn and some needles. She also helped me to decide how many stitches I needed and showed me how to cast them on. I am about half way done and hope to send it to you soon!!! Thanks again!